Western Red Cedar Fences for Colorado Homes
Today, there is no shortage of types of wooden fence styles on the market. If you are looking for a residential fence, you will find there are many durable and weather-resistant wood species suitable for these structures. For example, Western Red Cedar is an excellent wood variety commonly used for fencing in residential properties in Colorado. It is ideal for the local climate and has many other benefits as well.
Wood Fences – The Benefits
There are several benefits to wooden fences, such as:
Customizable – Depending on your requirement, you can choose from picket fences, solid fences, and wooden board fences. The style you choose will depend on the level of privacy you prefer and the areas you want to cover. You can customize your wooden fence to your needs so that it complements your home’s architecture and style. This helps keep the exterior of your property looking great.
- Ease of Maintenance – Since fences are continually exposed to the elements, it’s important to opt for fence materials that are durable and easy to maintain. Wood will deteriorate over time only if it is poorly maintained. Fortunately, the maintenance of these features is easy, and they only need occasional sanding, painting, and polishing.
- Privacy – Some people prefer picket or slatted fences, while others want a structure that will provide privacy and better security. This is where wooden fences come in. As mentioned earlier, they are highly customizable, and you can select a privacy or wooden board fence for enhanced privacy.
- Cost-Effective – While wood is not the cheapest fencing material out there, it is highly affordable. Since it is long lasting, it also offers value in the long term.
- Warranties – When you opt for wooden fences from a reliable operator, they will be covered with product and workmanship warranties.
Why Opt For Western Red Cedar Fences?
Western Red Cedar is an ideal fencing material because:
- It has an excellent overall grain & texture
- Its color is appealing and blends in with elements in most outdoor spaces
- Has weather-resistant qualities
- Can be stained and polished
- Versatile and can be used for a boundary, pool, and complementing deck and patio fencing and railings
- East to maintain
- Provides value in the long term