Wooden Fence in Denver: How Long Will It Last?
A wooden fence in Denver can be one of the most beautiful and sought-after features of your home, but it will require some upkeep to keep it looking its best. This guide will help you understand how long you can expect your fence to last, what factors affect its lifespan, and tips on how to protect and maintain it so that you don’t have to replace it as soon as you think!
Guide to Choosing Wood Fences
So, you’re considering a wood fence for your home in Denver. But how long will it last? Well, that depends on the type of wood you choose. Cedar is one of the longest lasting options, but pine and spruce are also popular choices. No matter which type of wood you choose, though, it’s important to maintain and protect your fence to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Here are a few tips to help you do just that
Tips for Protecting Your Wood Fence
Here are some tips to help you protect your wood fence and make it last as long as possible:
- Inspect your fence regularly for signs of damage or wear and tear.
- If you see any damage, repair it immediately to prevent further deterioration.
- Apply a sealant or stain to your fence every few years to protect it from the elements.
- Choose a high-quality wood fence product to begin with, such as cedar or spruce.
- Regularly maintain your fence by cleaning it and removing any debris that could cause rot or decay.
Choose Cedar For Extra Durability
As anyone in the business will tell you, the key to a long-lasting wooden fence is choosing the right type of wood. Cedar is one of the best options available, thanks to its natural resistance to rot, decay and insects. Plus, it’s a beautiful wood that will add value to your home. If you’re looking for extra durability, choose cedar for your next fence project. Additionally, cedar is a very stable wood, meaning it won’t warp or shrink over time. If you take care of your cedar fence and protect it from the elements, it can last for decades.