7 Things To Consider Before Getting A Wooden Fence
If you want to install a fence on your property, you will find many fence types and materials on the market, but wood continues to be a popular choice for residential settings. Before you get your wooden fence installed, there are certain considerations to keep in mind, such as:
Why You Should Opt For a Residential Fence Denver
There are many benefits to opting for a wooden fence for your residential property such as:
Wooden fences are affordable and perfect for all types of residential properties. You can easily find something that fits into your budget.
- These fences are durable and can last for decades.
- They do need some basic maintenance and you would have to check for paint chipping and flaking as well as sand and refinish them annually, but the process is not very tedious or time-consuming.
- You can get custom-designs and heights based on your needs and the aesthetics of your property.
- They are suitable for sloping yard spaces and the height adjustment can be done by trimming the planks.
- Wooden fences have a classic appeal and suit all styles.
Seven Things to Consider during Wooden Fence Installation
While there are several benefits to wooden fences, these are seven crucial aspects to consider before installing one:
- Measure the area you want to cover with the fence to determine how much material you need for the project.
- Mark your property line correctly- its best to hire a professional for this task.
- Determine the number of gates you need and what their heights will be. It will also help you estimate the amount of hardware you’ll require.
- Have the utility lines marked on you property before starting on the installation.
- Check your local codes before starting the wood fence installation.
- Get the required permit for the project.
- Determine which wood species you want for your residential fence Denver. Some options include Cedar, Spruce and Pine. The latter is the least expensive, but also has a shorter lifespan than the other two. A cedar wood fence can easily last for between 15 and 25 years, depending on how well you maintain it.
Since there are so many different considerations to keep in mind when you are getting a wooden fence installed, its best to contact professional fencing contractors for the job. They will help you with selecting the best material, style and types of fencing based on the discussions they have with you. They will also keep local codes in mind, acquire the necessary permits and handle the installation in line with industry standards.